Be a Friend…Volunteer Program
“Consciously or unconsciously, every one of us does render some service or other. If we cultivate the habit of doing this service deliberately, our desire for service will steadily grow stronger, and will make, not only our own happiness, but that of the world at large.”
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (1869-1948); Indian Political And Spiritual Leader
Do you have experiences to share? Want to give back to your community?
If you’re a compassionate person and want to share in making a difference in the lives of others while making a difference in your life, then become a volunteer within one of our programs. We’re seeking volunteers to assist our individuals to enjoy things such as singing,dancing & music; arts & crafts; taking a walk through the park; or just enjoying a good book.
Become a volunteer and be a friend today!
*Must be at least 18 years of age*
|Reasons to volunteer:
||What do our program volunteers do?
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are an important part of The Resource Center. If you have a desire to improve the lives of others, The Resource Center has volunteer opportunities for you. By volunteering at TRC, you’ll be giving yourself an invaluable gift – the satisfaction of knowing that your kindness has made a real difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
**Currently, opportunities exist at our Lakeshore Drive Day Hab & Clinic located in Dunkirk NY. We are looking for volunteers to assist individuals who may use wheelchairs or need assistance navigating from the Day Hab to the Clinic for scheduled appointments that take place Monday – Friday between the hours of 830am and 3pm.
We are also looking for volunteers who would be interested in sharing their love and enthusiasm for arts, crafts, music, reading or other activities of interest with people at one of our day programs or with someone who lives in one of the 30 homes that The Resource Center operates throughout Chautauqua County.
Some training and background clearance are required.
Volunteer Application Process
- Complete application packet one of four ways:
- Fill out the online application below
- Print the application packet
- Call 661-1429 to request a packet be mailed to you
- Pick up the packet from our Administrative Offices located at 200 Dunham Avenue
- Return the entire packet to our Administrative Offices located at 200 Dunham Avenue. If you are mailing your materials, please include “attention Director, Learning and Development—program volunteer” on the envelope.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a member of one of our program areas.
- If the opportunity to volunteer in one of our program areas is extended to you, we will then schedule a criminal background check and agency training for you.
Or, if you prefer to apply online, please use the online form below and click submit!