Supported Employment is dedicated to providing employers and local businesses with a solid employee to enhance the future success of your company. This service guarantees a 100 percent employee from the first day he or she arrives on the job. We can guarantee this service through our supported involvement. Here is a look at all the ways our program is beneficial to your company.
- Our individuals are pre-screened to ensure that they are ready and motivated to begin working.
- We believe in a perfect match. This means assisting the individuals in finding employment that the individual is able and interested in performing to ensure you, the employer, is getting a quality employee.
- Assistance is provided in all responsibilities of employment by a Job Coach – paid for and insured by The Resource Center, and a benefit to you the employer.
- Job Coaches ensure that the individual accomplishes all tasks and company needs with excellence, so that your company functions at its highest capacity.
- We offer Job Carving, in which we study your company’s daily operations and try to identify a job that can be time-consuming for one employee, and possibly turn it into two different positions, thus enhancing your company’s efficiency.
- Supported Employment also offers Job Sharing, which enables your company to take one full-time position and break it into two part-time positions. This benefits your company by cutting the costs of employee benefits, as well as creating the ability to assist when there is a need for someone to fill in due to employee vacations.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) information and training.
- Our program also has a direct financial benefit through the opportunity of a tax credit. The first year there is a credit of up to $2,400, and the second year a credit of up to $2,100.
Supported Employment continues to work on the accommodations of both the individuals and employers to make a strong, successful relationship. Your participation with our program may open up endless possibilities for the future success of your company.
Please read some of our employer quotes below to see the value of hiring workers from The Resource Center:
“It’s a lot of fun.” Applebee’s Manager, Bob
“We have found great success with employee referrals from The Resource Center. We find them to be personable, well-rounded people who are not only well liked, but who have consistently proven they can do well in a manufacturing environment. We feel privileged to be a part of this program.” Artone Manufacturing Materials Manager, Bob Nordin
“I think it’s a very good program.” Wendy’s Assistant Manager, Jody
“Very accommodating.” Friendly’s Manager, Tom
“I feel the services are great and applicants do well with Job Coaches. Job Developers do well promoting the services.” WCA Hospital Human Resources, Pam
“It’s nice knowing that we are able to integrate those with disabilities into the workforce and be confident in the program The Resource Center provides to make it successful. The people we hire do a great job, and the people we work with in the hiring process, including the Job Coaches, are wonderful and on top of things.” Truck-Lite, Melissa Johnston, Trainer
“My experience working with the program is that it has been an asset to our hotel operations.” Chautauqua Suites, Karen Kulig, Director of Housekeeping
“Our experience with The Resource Center has been very fulfilling and rewarding. Through the efforts of the Faculty Student Association at SUNY Fredonia and The Resource Center, FSA has been able to fill several positions. The applicants have worked out extremely well. These individuals have been successful in accomplishing their job responsibilities and we hope to continue a long working relationship with The Resource Center.” SUNY FSA, Lorrie Corsi, Human Resources Director