The Resource Center has been providing services to persons with disabilities in the Chautauqua County area since 1959. From our humble beginnings as a gathering of parents and concerned citizens who wanted to provide educational and training opportunities for persons with developmental and intellectual disabilities, The Resource Center has grown into a comprehensive agency providing services to thousands of persons with all types and levels of disabilities. With 60 years of providing essential services to our community, The Resource Center remains an important asset to the area.
Community-Based Homes include Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF) and Individualized Residential Alternatives (IRA) which are certified settings located throughout the community. Each home is individualized upon the needs of the individuals that reside in the home. In these homes, the individuals:
- Assist in the development of their schedules and activities including day or work schedules
- Have visitors of their choice
- Help in the preparation of meals, including choice of the meals and shopping for the meals
- Have a setting that optimizes autonomy and independence in making life choices on daily activities, physical environment and with whom to interact
- Have involvement in the community through activities and volunteering
- Have the support they need to be able to make informed choices.
Supports within the certified homes include behavioral, nursing, dietary, occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech depending on the need of the individual.
For more information about TRC’s Community-Based Homes, please phone (716) 483-2344.