The achievements of people with disabilities and the efforts of those who support them will be showcased when The Resource Center holds its 31st annual Ability Awareness Awards Celebration on Thursday, October 24.
The event will be held at the Chautauqua Harbor Hotel, 10 Dunham Avenue in Celoron, starting at noon.
The awards recognize people with disabilities who have made significant accomplishments, as well as Resource Center employees, area residents and businesses that have improved the lives of people with disabilities. This year’s award recipients are:
- Advocate of the Year – Don Caruso
- Business/Employer of the Year – Servpro
- Community Partnership Award – Fluvanna Free Library
- Bruce Walford Community Service Award – Shelly Pratt
- Health Provider of the Year – William Bowler, PT
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Lyman Buck III
- Edwin Roth Mental Health Award – Laurie Fenton, PNP
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Dione Ransom
- Personal Success Award – Jesterfer Johnson
- Elmer Muench Volunteer of the Year – Sunny Side Up Band
In addition, Andrew Dyckes of Fredonia will receive an award for being honored by New York State Industries for the Disabled, Inc. NYSID selected Andy for recognition through its annual William B. Joslin Outstanding Performance Award Program.
Members of The Resource Center, people with disabilities, TRC staff and volunteers, and the general public are invited to attend the Ability Awareness Awards Celebration. A sign language interpreter will be on hand.
The event is being sponsored by The Resource Center and NYSID. The cost to attend is $25. Reservations are due by Thursday, October 10. Click here to make your reservation online. For more information, phone 661-1477 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.