The achievements of people with disabilities and the efforts of those who support them will be showcased when The Resource Center holds its 29th annual Disability Awareness Awards Celebration on Monday, October 16.
The event will be held at the Lakewood Rod and Gun Club, 433 East Terrace Avenue in Lakewood, beginning at 6:00 p.m.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Advocate of the Year – Patrick Smeraldo of Jamestown
- Business/Employer of the Year – Truck-Lite of Falconer
- Bruce Walford Community Service Award – Forestville High School Band
- Community Support Award – Evelyn Wright-Kegelmyer of Cassadaga
- Excellence in Governance Award – TRC Foundation, Inc. board of directors
- Health Provider of the Year – Dr. Adnan Munir of Lakewood
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Gregory Peterson of Lakewood
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Joshua Hughes of Dunkirk
- Personal Success Award – David Shaw of Jamestown
- Elmer J. Muench Volunteer of the Year – Tom Rhodes of Mayville
In addition, Phil Murvine of Jamestown will receive an award for being honored by New York State Industries for the Disabled, Inc. NYSID selected Murvine for recognition through its annual William B. Joslin Outstanding Performance Award Program.
Members of The Resource Center, people with disabilities, TRC staff, and the general public are invited to attend the Disability Awareness Awards Celebration. A sign language interpreter will be on hand.
The event is being sponsored by The Resource Center and NYSID. The cost to attend is $25. Appetizers and desserts will be served. Reservations are due by Monday, October 2. Click here to make an online reservation.
If you would like to make a donation to The Resource Center in honor of one of this year’s award recipients, please click here.